Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Joys of Bird Ownership

I have had Cosmo for five months now. In that time, he has learned that I am not out to get him and that toys are fun. When he came to me he only had one toy. Now he has lots. His favorite toy is the Yellow Plastic Sputnik (with bells). I cannot tell you how much he loves this thing. That's it on the right.



He has developed what I call the Perch Dance: first, play with bells on Sputnik, run to other end of perch and play with bell on other toy, pause to hop up and down while warbling. Repeat endlessly. I have not been successful at catching the Perch Dance on video.

But not all bird toys come from the store. Some can be made from ordinary things around the house. Toilet paper, for instance. I read that parakeets love toilet paper. So I gave some to Cosmo and got the camera ready to record the excitement.




I guess every toy can't be a winner. Or maybe he's worn out from having so much fun...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment