Monday, May 25, 2009

I Visit the Carringtons




A few weeks back, I joined my good friends Earin & Dick for a visit to Carrington Manor - er, I mean, Filoli. Filoli is a huge, beautiful estate located on the Crystal Springs Reservoir just off of Highway 280 in Woodside. It was originally the home of Mr. & Mrs. Bourne, whose wealth came from the Empire Mine in Grass Valley, CA. The Bournes also had a home on Webster St. in San Francisco. Now, the estate is known for its expansive gardens and art exhibitions. It is also known as the home of the Carrington family on the TV show “Dynasty”.




I spent a lot of time photographing the gardens.


I don’t know what kind of flower this is.


These are foxglove.




Here’s a little garden house apart from the main house. (Looks like a good place to practice one’s fiddle.)

More views of the gardens.
































Yeah, I could do that if I had acres of space and an army of gardeners and landscapers at my disposal. I have added yet more plants to my modest little garden. These are verbena outside the front door, and I have lemon thyme on the patio. I also have garlic chives and cilantro.



No Filoli, but I struggle on as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment